SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Monday, July 29, 2013

Glitter Technique!

I have a NEW technique today!

Did you know that you can stamp (and color) on top of glitter?
Well you can and I will show you how.

Cover your paper with double stick adhesive...I used redliner tape
in strips (which gave me little lines but I added color to them instead of
beginning over...isn't that what we are supposed to do with boo-boo's?)

Cut shape if desired and then remove the top liner of your tape and
add fine art glitter, make sure to press it down for good coverage.

Now stamp image ON TOP of glitter and allow to dry for 15 minutes.

Color as you like, do not stroke the color, rather stipple so as not to
remove any glitter.

Now finish as desired.  You should result in an awesomely 
glittery showpiece!!

Below is my sample:


Can you see all the glitz this tech produces?
Ahem....you may have to look a little closer, but it is there!
I used stamps by Stampin' Up!
ef by Provo Craft
Ultra fine glitter by Art Institute
red liner tape
Memento ink
Copic markers
paper by Anchor Paper

I am entering this in the current challenge over at
where there has to be at least one number on the creation.

Wish me luck!
Connie

1 comment:

Deb said...

Wow, what a great technique! I love glitter, so I am going to have to try this. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!