SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Monday, November 1, 2010

Ultimate Spotlight Technique


Ultimate Spotlight Technique

Supplies:

Stamp of choice (House Mouse works well for this one!)
inks and color medium of choice
Sharp scissors
Ruler
pencil (for marking lines)
adhesive of choice
pop dots or dimensional tape
tweezers (to place smaller pcs.)

Directions:

1)  Stamp image, color as desired (I colored mine after reassembling the cut pcs together)
2)  Trim to fit your desired size (making it a little smaller to compensate for the cuts)
3)  Mark cutting lines in a pattern of your choice.  I used a "plaid" pattern on my sample.
4)  Reassemble your image, leaving a slight "gap" between pieces so background color shows.
5)  Adhere pcs to bkgd raising every other one.  I colored only those pcs. that were ultimately raised, leaving the others uncolored, you may color as you like.
6)  Adhere background pc. onto cardfront.  I also placed a thin "frame" around my finished pc. to hide the irregularity of the finished scene.

This is a little tedious, but gives an awesome effect.  It helps to number your pcs before cutting them for easier reassembly.

No comments: