SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Friday, November 26, 2010

Making Your Own Mulberry Paper


Faux Mulberry paper is actually pretty easy to do.
Here's how:

Ink brayer with dye ink and run over a used dryer sheet.
More than one color may be used.
Then just lay your creation over a stamped image
as I did in my sample today.
You can stretch or heat the dryer sheet first to add
a look of more "veining" (which I didn't do).

You can also toss embossing powders or glitters on or
even some bling.  This produces a result that looks and feels
just like that expensive mulberry paper you buy!

I used a crackle background stamp by Red Castle and the 
butterfly collage image is by Stampers Anonymous.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I wonder if this would work with washed baby wipes (used as hand wipes, not for baby) since they are also made of cotton.