SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Spellbinders Flower


This card was done using Spellbinders scalloped circles dies and stamps by savvystamps & Magenta.  I cut several large circles and 2 smaller circles from pink cardstock.
My bottom flower layer is a plain large circle left flat, my next layer is the same size but folded with both valley & mountain folds for depth.  My next layer is a smaller circle with the same folds in the same places.  Basically I just divided the circles into quarters & made mountain folds at each quarter-then halfway between those folds I divided again and made valley folds around.  I used 2 circles for each layer, glueing them together for fullness.  Before I did this I punched a small circle in the center of them all and lined that up for the ribbon you see coming out the top.  The ribbon binds it together and also attaches to the bottom panel.  For added stability I set several pop dots around beneath each layer to keep it all together.
It sorta looks like a flower doesn't it?

1 comment:

Angela said...

Connie, I love the flower you made with the spellbinder die!! Love the pink!! I am so excited about working with you wonderful ladies on the DT!
Hugs:)
Angela