SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy 4th Technique!!



Distress Paint Backgrounds

Supplies:

Several colors of Distress Paints
paper of choice (watercolor works but I used plain card stock)
heat tool
water spritzer
acrylic scrap

Directions:

1)  Scribble several coordinating colors of Distress Paint onto a scrap of acrylic or other non-stick sheet.

2)  Spritz with water to allow colors to run and bleed together, tipping acrylic if needed.

3)  Lay card stock on top of paints and apply pressure to transfer colors; repeat if necessary.

4)  Heat until dry and over stamp if desired.

My sample uses stamps by Marks Finest Papers, dies by SB.  I confess that I grabbed this paper panel and smooched into my combined paints before realizing I had already stamped image in Tuxedo Black ink by Memento.  I liked how it turned out so kept going.  Therefore:  it matters not whether you stamp first or last IMO   The "sun" was sponged with Distress Inks and then stamped with Memento Tux Black ink.

No comments: