SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sweet Pea Seashore



Winter has hung on too long here so today I am showing you
how I deal with the cold and snow.
I played with an image from Sweet Pea's Plate #103 by Terra Bidlespacher
titled "The Shore."
You can find this image (as well as others just as 
delightful and fun) by going to


I stamped her with Memento black dye ink onto white glossy.
Then I ran a pc. of wax paper through my 
Cuttlebug to emboss.  I sandwiched the wax paper between
2 pcs. of white glossy (one being this stamped one and other
being blank).  

TIP:  Using 2 glossies with gloss facing each other and wax paper between
will yield 2 background pieces!

I added some text paper above and below and ran a hot iron
over it all until wax had melted and transferred to my glossy pcs.

I then inked a brayer with variegated dye ink pad and
rolled across until I was satisfied with the blending of colors.
The ink will resist where the embossed design melted
onto the glossy....perhaps giving my pretty mermaid a case of measles??

I colored it with Copics, added some netting to represent a fishing net,
some small brass charms and some acrylic alphabet
squares by Scrap Essentials.

Papers are by Anchor Paper.
The netting and charms are from my stash.
Thanks for stopping by!
Connie

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh Connie, this looks fabulous. I love the technique you used on this and the added mesh.
Hugs:)
Angela