SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sweet Pea Royal Flower


I used one of Sweet Pea's new artist stamps for today's art.
This beauty is by Caron Vinson and she is
"Royal Flower"
You will find her by clicking

I tried something a little different with the Spellbinder die
"Labels One".  I ran the large size through my Cuttlebug with the
embossing rubber first on a 4" square panel.  If you look closely you can see
the tone-on-tone embossing on the panel.  Then I carefully put the smaller size die 
on the same panel and cut it out.  

I ended up with a nice "frame" for the shape.  I popped up the overlay
piece after running some sheer pink ribbon behind it.
I layered this onto some dp by Basic Grey, colored the lady
with Copic markers, edged the panel with dye ink, tied a bow and added some Prima flowers 
and Basic Grey pearls.

Check out the many new stamps and new artists over at Sweet Pea today!
Thanks for looking,
Connie

2 comments:

tiggertastic said...

an amazing creation, i just adore your combination of colours on this make and the image is fantastic

Hugs, Sarah

Christine said...

Love the frame effect.