SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Monday, November 8, 2010

Mark's Finest Papers is Having a BLOG HOP Tomorrow PLUS Sneak PEEK!!


Beginning bright and early tomorrow Mark's Finest Papers is having a 4 day BLOG HOP and
lots of NEW stamp sets will be unveiled.

To whet your appetite I am giving you a SNEAK PEEK
at just one of the sets.
This card was made from the set titled
"Brick Wall"

I made the background design with some Smooch paints
that MFP also sells.
I used a disposable dish large enough for an A-2 size paper to
fit and put about 1" of water in the dish. Then I used 2 colors of Smooch
paints, dribbling several drops around with each color. I drew swirls in this very gently with a toothpick.
Gently because the Smooch floats on top of the water and you don't want to "push" the
paints down underneath, you want them to lay on top.

Then I laid the paper on top of the water/Smooch mixture, press slightly to ensure
complete contact before lifting it out. After fully dry I made this card.

Very simple so the background is not overwhelmed.
All paper, stamps and charms are by Mark's Finest Papers.

No comments: