SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Friday, October 22, 2010

Simple Stampscape


This is a simple scenic card, flatter than a pancake!

I got this new Stampscape image at a convention in St. Paul MN last week and wanted to try it out.
Well of course! I couldn't just stamp it on boring white could I?
I looked thru my previously-done backgrounds and found this one.
It seemed almost perfect for the stamp, the right colors, the perfect slant to the
colors, even down to the wax paper "rays".

I stamped the Stampscape image on the background and airbrushed the
sun image (circle punch "hole")...airbrushed more green onto the "grassy" area,
layered and stamped the verse.

I made the background by first folding some wax paper so the folds radiated outward in
a large circle. After unfolding I ironed it onto some white glossy (transferring just
the wax). Then I brayered over it with dye inks.

I do admit to tapping an inkpad
over the background to bring out the "rays" a little more. I only used the very edge
of the pad and tapped very slightly....

No comments: