SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sweet Pea Trick-or-Treatin' Owl


I began this card with the intention of highlighting this cute owl from Sweet Pea Stamps
done by Elaine Cox
as just, well just a cute owl.
But about the time I began coloring his ears sticking from that hat, he began to change into a tired trick-or-treater who was resting on a tree branch, holding his Halloween sack by his claws...

I stamped him on white paper and colored with Copic markers; then I sponged dye inks around for a background.  I added some tiny white spots with a teeny-weeny brush and my trusty 
Copic white paint (which is MUCH better than any pen!).
I used a Gellyroll clear glitter pen "Stardust" on the big star.
I measured a piece of yellow paper for a frame and cut both sides with the Martha Stewart 
edger punch "Drippy Goo" to make
a sort of custom frame in keeping with my theme.
I hung a tiny Jolee's Boutique "Sleepy Inn"
sticker from his claw and figured it was finished.

Sometimes less is more.

I hope you like it.

No comments: