SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Monday, September 20, 2010

Coffee Ground Backgrounds Technique


Ever wonder what all that coffee is doing to you??
Well let me show you what you can do to that coffee!!

Lay 2 pieces of white cardsotck on the bottom of container and mix 
2 to 3 TB of coffee crystals and 1 cup hot water, then pour mix
over the top of your cardstock, pressing down until covered.
Remove one piece and lay on paper towel.
Sprinkle some coffee crystals on top and cover with other piece
and let set for 15 minutes.  Then remove top piece and allow to dry before removing
excess crystals.

I have scanned my card made with some of this paper (using stamps by 
Art Impressions and Rubbernecker)
as well as 2 samples of "coffee paper".
The darker sample on the bottom was done with 3 TB coffee and the lighter sample above was done with 2 TB,  If you wanted more of a coffee "wash" you could try this using only 1 TB coffee crystals.


1 comment:

KymKreates said...

Amazing!!! I am going to try this with my hubby's grounds too, he drinks coffee like mud! I will let you know what happens!

xoxo
Kym