SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Airbrush Debut!

I just got my air compressor for airbrushing with my Copic markers and this card is what happened:

I know it's simple, well maybe "stark" would be a better word?
But hey it's my first ever attempt with this and I feel pretty good that I did not toss out 
my initial try.

After stamping the tree (Rubber Stamp Plantation) I masked a
circle for my sun and also masked off the bottom portion for a clear line between sky and sea.
So okay maybe the sky is off somewhat, but I doubt I am ready to brush rays just yet.

Removing the mask at the bottom and turning so it covered the sky area, I brushed 
for the sea.  The black ribbon is to cover up this small line of white that got missed.

I used the punch-out paper for a reverse mask for the sun so I could try giving it some tones.
I think the sun itself came out the best,  Do you think so?
The verse is by Eureka Stamps.

Please tell me what you think?

3 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

WOW!!!!!!!! Connie, it's BRILLIANT!!!

wendyp said...

very pretty!!!

Rubber Stamp Plantation said...

Yes the card does look very nice. Keep up the good work!