SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Friday, August 20, 2010

Misty Mountain


A scenic card made from only 2 stamps?  Yes it can be done and
I did it!

I stamped the pine tree by Northwoods on plain white cardstock with
green dye ink and then punched a circle mask for the moon effect.
Then I stamped again in light blue and again without re-inking.  I used 2 different tree stamps,
making them sort of fade away in the fog.
A little blue sponged around the moon mask before removing it
and some ribbon finished the "scene."

To me it looks like a mountain slope socked in with fog
at night.
What's it look like to you?

2 comments:

KymKreates said...

this is stunning, goes to show you that you do not have to go to extremes to make a opulent card!
Kym

Paulette S said...

It's so beautiful, like a real landscape. I'm going to case this card for my dad's Birthday, although I don't have any real good tree stamps yet, but I do have a homemade Cedar tree from an old mouse pad glued to a wood block and I have a twiggy tree that my MIL gave me one year for Christmas. I'm going to combine them. I've been slowly collecting masculine SU stamps, but there are too many floral and cute sets that I want too. I've also made a deer stamp from the Sizzix die and craft foam double cut/layered and glued to a wood block. I may sneek a deer silhouette in there too. LOL I really need to get some MFP stamps too! So many sets, so little time!!I do love that tree from MFP. Thank you Connie for your great inspiration.