SoDakStamping

SoDakStamping

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sweet Pea Winter Watcher "Resist"


My "Winter Watcher" card used the Nestie Pendant with a scrap of wax paper for ease in removing bits of paper.  Well,  this card uses the scrap of wax paper in a resist to show you what you can do with your "leftovers".
I cut out the Nestie Pendant-Spellbinders "Fleur De Lis" with a scrap of wax paper between the die and my paper...remember?  *see my last post*
This card uses that wax paper cutout along with Sweet Pea Stamps Plate #27

I laid the wax paper cutout on a scrap of white paper and then a pc. of text paper over that and ironed with a hot iron to melt the wax.  Then I brayered distress ink over that, rubbed with a paper towel to remove the excess ink.  You can see the faint outline better IRL.  I layered some DP along one side, added some red jewels and stamped the verse in VersaMark ink and detail white EP...stamped the large heart over a pc. of distressed paper and embossed in white EP, using pop dots for dimension.

Now if I could only figure out more ways to use my leftover turkey that are as much fun as this was... 

No comments: